Android. Russian-speaking design literature

• The problem is, it's pretty hard to learn material Desing for Androids. I mean, even, this literature is huge. Trying to learn TabLayout, NavigationDrawer. I find lessons, I do things the other way, but I always fly out:

Rendering Problems... and other mistakes.

It takes a long time to make the program work. But understanding how this works is embarrassing.

I want to get advice from a more advanced developer, because I really don't want to spend a lot of time on some kind of literary. English doesn't matter. Indicate the literature which describes the concept of design for android API 4-5+ (in Russian, books, resources, etc.).

UPD: I forgot to specify! That's the point: I should probably read the design books to Material Desing. It is particularly interesting to understand why in android studios there are more topics in Material/Holo(Ligth/Dark) within which there are more topics for choice (ActionBar/NoActionBar/Dialog/Panel/Fullscreen, etc.) I think that these are topics for specific activity on the screen or c/without ActionBar. But "I think" and "I know what it is and how to use" different things, I'm looking for the second.

UPD 2: Indeed, my mistake - I meant version androids from 4.0. I'm asking about Holo, etc. because it's interesting to know how theroids developed. I don't want to use outdated topics, but it doesn't guarantee I'm gonna have to work with them. Well, the question is, yes, it is. But not so much, I've narrowed the scope as I could. In any case, the answer is good, but in general (I know what question it is).

• Let's start by saying that your question is too general for this resource, and here it's not a format-- it's accepted to ask questions. one A specific problem that can be clearly addressed without spatial considerations will be taken into account in the future.

Further, on your question, it is clear that you have a full headcar in your head, in particular API 4, the Holo and Material Design topic is in diametrically opposite ends if you approach this formal as well as, for example, TabLayout has the same relevance to Material Design as the Chinese silk cut to the last collection of B. Zaytsev (i.e., that Zaytzs use it in their collection models doesn't mean that the silk can speak about Zaytzev's arm)
    From the context, it can be understood that you're actually being "murdered" not the principles of Material Design, but the lack of common knowledge on the screen frames in Android's annex is written on this subject. Each Androids and principles have largely not changed in years, and I can recommend a great book from BigNerdRanch: B. Hardi - Android. Professional programming is 2015 and can be found free of charge without special work.

API4 - the API is now unreliably outdated and the support for such relics is not now in place No.♪ In fact, many developers now put MinAPI = 16, as the percentage of relevant devices of All Lower API is less than 5 per cent, while support for outdated API requires either a non-tribal effort from the developer (exploited almost empty) or at all development only with the old API, which is now associated with the use of an old black and white TV on 12 channels without a remote DM, of course, but not very convenient. You can always read the relevant picture of the devices currently in use. https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
    I'll add that the API version doesn't match the Android version, see if you can match. https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/uses-sdk-element.html#ApiLevels ♪

Now on themes. A large number of topics are present because from API 11 to API 19 (Android 4) the subject is Holo, with API21 and until our time (Android 5, 6) - Material, to API 11 (Android 2.3 and below) the whole subject without their own name - all of them are present in SDK and now to reverse compatibility so that the user on the Android 6 device can suddenly use a zero app.
    Which one of the topics (Holo, Material or versions before android 3) to be used in its annex is to choose, as a developer, to you on the basis of your own taste and other considerations, although it is recommended, of course, to be in the trend and to use the last of Google's proposed Material.
    On API PO 21 devices (up to Android 5.0), the subject is available in the official Google-Gogle support library AppCompat♪ Accordingly, the topic itself is called AppCompatit duplicates the original issue of Material from API=21. If you're planning on using Material Design On devices with API below 21 (android 5.0), you need to connect this library to your project and use the subject AppCompat for your application.
    Theme Holo devices with API RP 11 (Gingerbread and below) are not available, but it is not appropriate to maintain such devices at present.

Sharing Dark/Light is a common color of the subject - bright, dark.

ActionBar/NoActionBar/Dialog/Panel/Fullscreen reverts to the appearance of the screen, as it is difficult to understand from their names - with, without, through dialogue, full-scale application, etc. - and use them.

There are such books in the castle specifically (in Russian with this tight, but they already understand):

Jason Ostrander - Android UI Fundamentals. Develop and Design

Luhani Lehtimaki - Smashing Android UI - 2013 - very detailed about the castle.

The book is on Holo's example, so we'll find out another question. Material Design is that Regular Android applications, just like it was before Holo, before it. It mainly defines the appearance, and the principles of the versions tend to remain the same (with few exceptions in the Gidlines), so they do not need to focus on specific topics in favour of general principles - they do not change much.

The basic principles of the Material Design concept can be consulted. https://developer.android.com/design/material/index.html ♪ Complete Hydelines, with all the nuances of the backset, the inter-allocation of all the essential elements and the rules of accommodation https://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html (generally recommend that the official resource be fully explored https://developer.android.com/index.html )

PS: The majority of Rendering Problems is determined by the pre-package of the annex, as described in the communication, if read in full. This may also be due to the fact that some styles of more new topics are not supported in older ones. In particular, if we wish to use Holo, the AppCompat Library should be abandoned (deleting it from the project and all references in its style or resources).

You should know that the IDE visual editor is not the safest place to evaluate the version of the application and use it only for the preliminary sketches - he makes enough mistakes. The real situation you can only see on the emulsion and/or the real device.

Suggested Topics