Test cases for adding fingerprint in login form using biometric device
inna last edited by
Can you suggest me some test cases for fingerprint functionality?
Here are a couple of positive & negative test cases for the fingerprint scanner. You can validate feature(login in your case)based on what is allowed per spec.
- Register any of your fingers(say thumb of your right hand).
- Swipe with a registered finger on log-in from a locked screen.
- Swipe with a registered finger on log-in after the restart.
- Swipe registered hand in an up-to-down, down-to-up, right-to-left, left-to-right, circular motion, wave it above without contact, with gloves on, with oily fingers etc.
- Try with the left thumb(counterpart of registered) with the above scenarios.
- Try with all other fingers of the hand.
- Try with the palm of the hand.
- Try with partial contact of the registered finger - left portion up, right portion up, top portion up, bottom portion up
- Try with the back of the registered finger.
- Try with registered composite keys(ex. more than one finger) this will spawn its own set of scenarios.
- Try swiping with registered or with unregistered fingers when a user is logged in(not locked)
- Try after screensaver locks the screen.
- Try after installing updates for fingerprint reader software or other software.
- Try with hardware updates.
- Try with a mould created from your registered finger.(I used favicol to create mask)
- Slow speed swipe, medium speed swipe, high-speed swipe.
- Try repeated locking and swiping to see if it stops working after a certain point.
- Check-in combination with other authentication options such as card reader.
- Try when the computer is in sleep mode.
- Try after hitting ctrl + alt + del or without hitting those keys.
- Try with the power cord on or on battery mode.