Can't Select random months dates using jquery calender

• I have Jquery calender in my application. I have task to select dates from different months using Selenium, but I can do only previous month and forward month. Actually I need to select dates from random months by specifying the date and month as input. If there is a way to achieve it let me know.

**My code for Selecting Previous Month date.**

public static void Date_Picker(String datetoselect,String Xpath,String month) {
            // Click on the Given Calender Button
            driver.findElement(By.xpath(Xpath)).click();

driver.findElement(By.xpath("//div[@id='ui-datepicker-div']/div/a[1]")).click();

WebElement Month = driver.findElement(By.xpath("//div[@id='ui-datepicker-div']/div/div[@class='ui-datepicker-title']/span"));
            String Month_Message = Month.getText();

if(Month_Message.contains(month))
            {
                WebElement dateWidget = driver.findElement(By.className("ui-datepicker-calendar"));

List<WebElement> rows=dateWidget.findElements(By.tagName("tr"));

List<WebElement> columns=dateWidget.findElements(By.tagName("td"));

for (WebElement cell: columns){

if (cell.getText().equals(datetoselect)){

cell.findElement(By.linkText(datetoselect)).click();
                       break;

}
                    }
            }   

• I would use a script based on the jQuery datepicker api that can also handle different date formats with an execute script method.

The script should be something like:

jQuery('datepickerSelector').datepicker( 'setDate', '-1y' );

This will select the current date -1 year no matter the date format. You can adapt it for months and use a random generator and have from -1m to -12m.

Suggested Topics