How to plan Jmeter test in a Website were multiple tabs and sub-tabs to match user experience

• How do i design my Jmeter Test plan to get desired output for the below load test:

The User experience and load pattern in the live website is in below order and i want to generate the load based on the same User experience. Users goes to each tab and subtab's of a main page and sub-pages respectively. How do i plan this load test using Jmeter?

X = 20K, Y = 10K

Group 1. Page_A 50% of X,

Group 2. Page_B 40% of Y,

-Page_B.1  15% Of (40% of Y),  
         -Page_B.1.2 5% of (40% of Y),  
         -Page_B.1.3 4% Of (40% of Y),

Group 3. Page_C,

-Page_C.1 20%(40% of Y),
    -Page_C.2 7%(40% of Y),
    -Page_C.3 2%(40% of Y),

Thanks for the help in advance

• If you want to run multiple pages you can make parallel calls or have multiple thread groups which run parallel. These thread groups are your:

-Page_C.1 20%(40% of Y),
    -Page_C.2 7%(40% of Y),
    -Page_C.3 2%(40% of Y),

• Your first thread group (let's say 20 users) will go to page A then sub-page 1
    • Your second thread group (let's say 7 users) will go to page A then sub-page 2

And all of this is for PAGE A with a total of 50% of the users. You basically repeat the process for PAGE B and PAGE C.

These thread groups will run parallel unless you tag off the next setting on "Test Plan" level: "Run Thread Groups consecutively (i.e. one at a time)

Suggested Topics