Writing a simple sophth working with mysql

• There's a job to write a software for a firm working with mysql 5.1. We can't hire a small firm.

We need help with the choice of a tool.
    Explanation. I'm not a programmer, but I know how to lie. It was a long time ago. There is little experience and understanding. That's what I could dig myself:

(a) Delphi is missing (creaming?) support unicode. Is or has something changed since Delphi 7?

(b) -- Ci-Conference would be closer to "spiritual" but embarrassing the support of IDE and mysql and GUI - read that CODE: BLOCKS under the Win does not like mysql and gui (e.g. GTK) - hemorrhaging instead of pleasure. What are the options? Or write quietly on the lime... and then... win? Or do you want a compiler and a coroner on the windows? (Same to win and exclusively Win)

C++ / C# I don't know these beards at all, the word "OOD" is getting scary, and I don't know where to find so much time to blow up these creepy things, even though they're sending me like WindowsForms or a-l.

How to live?

Help a lost stranger. May the power come with you.

• To advise Delphi, especially since you have some experience with her.

There is no problem with young people in modern versions (from Delphi 2009) and there is a component in the box to work with the CBD (FireDac), but the sides of ZeosLib can also be taken. The internets sing to Tutorials: http://mirsovetov.net/delphi-connect-mysql.html

If Delphi for some reason doesn't do it, the C# option can be counted as spare.

Suggested Topics