Temporary files for git repository cloning

• When cloning big git, the repository on the disk begins to run. That makes sense. But the folder where the repository should lie doesn't change size. From this, I conclude that git somewhere keeps temporary files when repository pumps. The problem is, if there's a mistake (which is exactly what happened) these files hang a dead load somewhere on the disk. How do you find them?

I checked the size of the folder. When cloning repository, it doesn't change size. If cloning is eliminated, it shall be as large as it should be. By logic, if everything stays there and the size changes over time? It turns out that the files from the time folder that have been able to move after the procedure has been cancelled into the git folder. How do you explain that?

LO - Windows 7.

• All internal git files are stored in the file. .git♪ She's hidden and lying in that folder where cloning is going. If there's been a mistake and you want to clone again, just find and delete this file.

• https://ru.stackoverflow.com/q/541242/181472

When cloning repository, it doesn't change size. If cloning is cancelled, it shall be as large as it should be.

If the folder is written by a large enough blobe (Binary Large OBject), its size on the disk will change rambling, although the recording is continuous. I mean, the file is open for a while and written, but it's not counting. Then the recording is interrupted (either from error or because the file is completed) and a new size of the file is recorded.

By the way, files aren't temporary. It's a permanent internal guita storage facility. There is no other storage facility for temporary or permanent files. Git works on different LOs and there can be hundreds and thousands of repositories on one disc. Imagine a single place for temporary files. That's it. C:\TEMP\GIT\ or /tmp/git? How do you not confuse temporary files from different repositories? You can clone a lot at once. All this would make it unnecessary.

Suggested Topics