What kind of LGPL v3 and Apache v2 licence?

• I can't choose between LGPL v3 and Apache v2 for my project, please. Maybe you'll recommend another one.

The project consists of two parts: PHP and C. The first part of the php is using a library under GNU/LGPL license, the one on the SI is a regular library (string,pcre,mysql).

What would you like from the license:

1. The name of the project would not have to be changed if copy/modify/extended. If they do fork, what do we do?

2. The project is free, but in the future it will suddenly be necessary to make an expanded version of the available but already closed (for example, for sale).

• The LGPL will limit the use of your library in commercial projects, because when the library itself has changed the code, it will be infected with the part of the code with all the consequences of the GPL. Apache 2 has no such restriction, it is permissive. Therefore, if you want to distribute the library as much as possible, you should prefer Apache 2.

The demands made by the LGPL for the dissemination of the modified versions of the library to make it difficult to meet, and one sixth of the terrestrial, especially. I mean, I wouldn't consider it in principle.

Given that all the trouts will be referring to you, I don't see any change of name problems. Let's just say if the Fork goes into something completely new, it's gonna be weird to keep the name, it's just gonna cause confusion. And how do we regulate the changes?

No license has any limits on your right to use your code as you want and to change the license of subsequent versions to any other. Only the use of the LGPL can go sideways, because in the case of Pulle Revests, the author will not be alone, and it will be necessary to request permission from all, it will not be possible be unilaterally to completely close their code and take it, the license won't allow it. You can pre-consent... well, it's complicated.

P. S. IANAL.

Suggested Topics