How do you fix a mistake std:basic_ostream is protected?

• I want to transfer the flow to function. When compiling, I get the following error:

♪ ♪ ♪ \x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\ostream [Error] 'std:basic_ostream == sync, corrected by elderman == @elder_man

Minimum http://ideone.com/vM3Q1c :

#include <ostream>

void function (std::ostream &s) { }

int main()
    {
    std::ostream s;
    function(s);
    }

How can you fix that?

• C+++ Class std::ostreamwhich is declared as an alias for specialization of class std::basic_ostream<char>

typedef basic_ostream<char> ostream;

serves as a base class for classes std::basic_ostringstream and std::basic_ofstream:

5 The class template specialization basic_ostream serves as a base class for class templates basic_ostringstream and basic_ofstream.

and has the only open designer with a view

explicit basic_iostream(basic_streambuf<charT,traits>* sb);

He doesn't have a default designer, so you can't create this class object as follows:

ostream s;

I agree with you that this is the compiler's bug, because according to C+++, this class has no default designer unless the specifications of the standard for this class have been revised recently.

I mean, this is a report of the compiler's error. clang and a message from the compiler gcc

error: calling a protected constructor of class 'std:_1:basic_ostream'

Uncorrect.

MS VC+++ provides a more correct statement of error

error C2512: 'std:basic_ostream constituent': no appropriate default constructor available

and does not appear to declare the designer default as required in C+++.

C+++ (17.6.5 Member functions)

3 A call to a member function signature described in the C++ standard library behaves as if the implementation declares no additional member function signatures.

Like I've been told, it's an old library tag. libstdc++ Since then. gcc 3.4and it can't be corrected as it breaks ABI.

Suggested Topics