Localization - How do you rub MAN pages in Linux mint?

• How to rub pages MAN Total Linux mint?

• I hope I've understood the question correctly that I'm interested in seeing what's ready, not writing new ones. man- spies.

man- the pages are usually part of the software packages.

For example, in a package gnupg includes such files from manForeigners:

$ dpkg -L gnupg | grep 'man.*gz'
    /usr/share/man/man1/gpg.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man1/lspgpot.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man1/gpg-zip.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man1/gpgsplit.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/ru/man1/gpg.1.gz
    /usr/share/man/man7/gnupg.7.gz

If there is a relevant file in the catalogues /usr/share/man/ru/*/ (sighs)ru - it is " Russian " , manRusski's partner can be seen.

according man man (sighs)man- on the programme itself manby default on the choice of language is influenced by the importance of variable environments LANGLC_MESSAGES and others related to the elbow. (as much as I know, the list, as a matter of priority, from the larger to the smaller -- LC_ALL, LANG, LC_MESSAGES, LANGUAGE)

Actually, if you're in the right mood for these variables to display the Russian language in the interface (inspect them all in a row, you can be a team. locale(sing) manThe pages will be displayed (if available) - Russian-speaking.

If for some reason you don't need to redesign the elbow (or at least redefinition some of the listed variables), then you can call the program. man Optical -L языкe.g.:

$ man -L ru man

I will also provide examples with reappointment of variables:

$ LC_ALL=ru_RU.UTF-8 man man
    $ LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 man man
    $ LC_MESSAGES=ru_RU.UTF-8 man man
    $ LANGUAGE=ru man man

for LANGUAGE It makes sense to say that, only language.rufree of territoryRUand a set of symbolsUTF-8)

Suggested Topics