What to focus on when estimating a software testing task?
Laycee last edited by
What to focus on? What to Estimate? How to understand how long a Task would take to complete?
briley last edited by
When you estimate software testing task you should focus on the following:
- Resources: Resources are required to carry out any project tasks. They can be people, equipment, facilities, funding, or anything else capable of definition required for the completion of a project activity.
- Times: Time is the most valuable resource in a project. Every project has a deadline to delivery.
- Human Skills: Human skills mean the knowledge and the experience of the Team members. They affect to your estimation. For example, a team, whose members have low testing skills, will take more time to finish the project than the one which has high testing skills.
- Cost: Cost is the project budget. Generally speaking, it means how much money it takes to finish the project.
List of Software Test Estimation Techniques you can use:
- Work Breakdown Structure
- 3-Point Software Testing Estimation Technique
- Wideband Delphi technique
- Function Point/Testing Point Analysis
- Use – Case Point Method
- Percentage distribution
- Ad-hoc method