Are there any freely available plugins or integrations for JIRA to write test cases?

• Are there any freely available plugins or integrations for JIRA to write test cases?

• There are several paid options, such as Zephyr, Xray, and Test Management for JIRA. We use Zephyr at my company. All of these plugins have free trials available, but I'm not aware of any that are free.

I'd recommend browsing the Atlassian Marketplace and filtering by "test" and "free" to see if any of the plugins fit what you need: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?moreFilters=free&query=test

Just be aware that some of the "free" plugins require an outside subscription to use.

• Hi @Alberto ,
    first of all, as an initial disclaimer, I work for Xray team, which is a competitor of Zephyr (on the differences between the two)
    There are some free tools that I'm aware (e.g., testlink) but I advise you to try them out.. it all depends on your needs. Some tips for thought:

• what kind of approaches do you need to support? manual scripted test cases, test automation, exploratory testing?
    • what CI tools/testing frameworks do you need to integrate with?
    • do you need to track coverage?
    • is your dev/testing team the same? How will they navigate information from one side to the other side? Do you want to promote this separation?

As @terrea mentioned, there are also "free integration plugins" on Jira/Atlassian marketplace that usually require a paid subscription elsewhere.
    I would recommend to dig a bit more on what people mean with "Plugins that integrate with Jira". Do they mean just sending the test results to Jira? What exactly? And is that enough for you?
    Of course I'm biased, but it also depends on the level of collaboration and visibility you want to have around Jira.

Suggested Topics