Difficulty in choosing the function Correct Strings

• I'm having an exercise to work out and I'm having some trouble.

This is the statement of the problem:

Again print the names of the students by order of enrollment, but only those whose initial letter is different from “T”.

That's my code.

$nomes = array('andre' => 1 , 'paulo' =>5, 'fabio' => 2,'tiago' => 4);
    asort($nomes);
    foreach ($nomes as $key => $value) {
      echo 

I read the PHP manual and checked the various functions for string. I tried some of them like count_chars(), str_word_countwithout success. Someone can give me a hand and explain if possible where I'm making the mistake and what would be the right function.

• To each interaction of your foreach loop the variable receive the value of your array index and the variable $value received the value contained. Then you need to check the first letter of each word provided as an index of your array, so we use the variable and function strcasecmp native to php, which makes the comparison of strings without differentiating capital letters or minusculas.

<?php
          $ord_nomes = array();
          $nomes     = array('andre' => 1 , 'paulo' =>5, 'fabio' => 2,'tiago' => 
          asort($nomes);
          foreach ($nomes as $key => $value){  
            if(strcasecmp($key[0],"t") != 0){
               echo  "O valor é: ".$value." e o índice é ".$key."<br/>";
            }
          }
    ?>

If receives the value of the index which is the name, then $key[0] contains the first letter of the word. Cients of this, we assign to the second parameter of the function the letter T and make comparison. If $key[0] is different from the letter T We printed the student's name, otherwise we ignored the impression.

Em funcionamento

Suggested Topics