Problem by eliminating from memory a TObjectList<tlabel></tlabel>

• I am with a problem to clean from memory a TObjectList< TLabel>, in specific the ObjectList type TLabel. I created two ObjectList, added an item and tried to clean them from the memory: Code Trecho:

tolRectMenuItemProntuario := TObjectList<TRectangle>.Create;
      tlLabelDadosPaciente := TObjectList<TLabel>.Create();
      tlLabelDadosPaciente.Add(lbTituloConvenio);
      tolRectMenuItemProntuario.Add(rtMenuItemAnamnese);      
      tolRectMenuItemProntuario:= nil;
      tolRectMenuItemProntuario.DisposeOf;
      tlLabelDadosPaciente := nil;
      tlLabelDadosPaciente.DisposeOf;

However by deleting to try to delete the tlLabelDadosPaciente, the TObjectList< TLabel>, the error system:

"Project AppSIGMedOffLine. exe raised exception class EInvalidPointer with message 'Invalid pointer operation'."

There is some different way to delete a TObjectList< TLabel>, because I am also using both ObjectList, but only the TLabel of error.

• QA Engineer

You are assigning nil to the variable before running the DisposeOf. You would have to do this assignment only after performing the method of memory release. Still, I think you should call the method .Free instead of Dispose. And also when creating TObjectList pass false as parameter. If you do so, TObjectList will not destroy the objects when it destroyed itself. Pass true only if you create the objects in runtime and/or want the list to destroy them.

Suggested Topics