Anyone find value migrating to NightWatch from Python Selenium API?

• My dilemma, I have tons of tests and experience on the Python API to Selenium and webdriver. But, my dev team is big time javascript fans who think everything should be built under node/js. I want to build out some NightWatch E2E tests to satisfy them, but that sparked a debate that we should migrate everything over to javascript testing.

Any thoughts, ideas on dealing with this conversation? Personally, I think Python is easy to integrate into other QA software as well and even through testing it feels cleaner and more reliable. I have nothing against javascript but it just does not make sense in my eyes to use it for QA just because of the stack the team is using.

• The silence is deafening 🙂

I have no personal experience with NightWatch, but I do have experience with the quirky nature of JavaScript, and because of that experience prefer Python, especially for big projects.

Why you never ever reprogram working code from scratch - with history of failures cause by reprogramming from scratch.

So if your company is committed to make known mistake which killed companies before, you should be aware of the consequences for your career.

Also, one of the reason I LOVE Python that it makes efforts to be easier to read.

Suggested Topics