Error: Object of class mysqli_result could not be converted to string

• I import from my index a classticket file where I have a sql query that aims to add the values of each ticket generated by the field priority of a database.

Archive index.php

$ganancia = $ticket->CountTicketCloseEmpleado($conexion, $_SESSION['ticket_id']);

Archive classticket.php

function CountTicketCloseEmpleado($conexion, $id){

$ganancia = mysqli_query($conexion, "SELECT SUM(prioridad)
                                         FROM ticket WHERE status = '3' AND id_usuario = ".$id." ") 
                                         or die("Error listando Ticket: ".mysqli_error($conexion));

return $ganancia;

}

By making the value of $ganancia
    I got the next mistake.

Recoverable fatal error:
    Object of class mysqli_result could not be converted to string

• The sql query command mysqli_query returns a "object", therefore is assigned to $ganacia , when making echo $ganancia you want to print $ganancia, which is not string and there is born Recoverable fatal error: Object of class mysqli_result could not be converted to string. since $ganance is not string.

If you want to print all of the results of the query try with var_dump($ganancia)

Technically, mysqli_query returns a type object mysqli_result

If we want to print the result of the sum of your query could be something like this using mysqli_fetch_assoc

function CountTicketCloseEmpleado($conexion, $id){

if ($resultado =mysqli_query($conexión, "SELECT SUM(prioridad) as suma FROM ticket WHERE status = '3' AND id_usuario = ".$id." ")) 
    {
        $row= mysqli_fetch_assoc($resultado);

echo $row['suma'];

#no olvidar hacer return

}

}

Suggested Topics