Test Management Tool for Cucumber part 2

• I saw there is already a question on this, as well as an answer in this link: Test Management Tool for Cucumber But I have a doubt, as is suggested I used Jenkins and created a job to execute my Cucumber tests and get the corresponding report. But my question is....what if I want to execute some of the cucumber tests manually? where should I store those results and how? I know there are many TC management tools but it would be helpful to have one where you decide if you want to execute it manually or automatically so you maintain only one tool and not 2. Does anyone know if there is something like that, that I can use?

• I came across XRAY on Jira Cloud and i found its really usefull , i have started using in our company and relaced zephyr . Xray will give the opportunity to maintain both manual and automated test in one single interface. It support Rest api so you can import result from jenkins and update jira issues also.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xpandit.plugins.xray/server/overview

• Cucumber tests can be executed manually or through automation.
    No matter what, I would recommend to use Xray as the single source-of-truth.
    To distinguish what tests are to be executed manually or through automation, you can define your own rule for that, like having a specific label on the test. Then, you can build a Jira filter to filter out those tests.. and in your CI tool (e.g., Jenkins) you can use that filter to only pick the relevant tests to be run by the automation.

Suggested Topics