Minecraft villagers won’t breed

• I made an infantile village breeder while running an Apex Minecraft server as shown on YouTube by Avomance. I made my village in a remote area with no other villages or doors within 100 blocks in any direction, I have fed them stacks and stacks of carrots, I have AFKed over night and I got nothing! Well, I did breed 1 or 2 when the farm was new but nothing since then??? I don’t remember doing anything to change the farm. I may have dropped building blocks into the farm and the villagers may have picked them up? I don’t know if that is a factor. The village is working maybe 50 blocks of a nether portal. At one point I punched a villager by accident, I threw a potion of healing at him. Can I start new by killing the villagers I have or will that affect any future breeding. I noticed the villagers do not trade food any more. Could it be that all of their inventories are full?

• Villagers don't care about dropped items other than food, so the blocks won't affect your farm.

Villagers do, on the other hand, need to be happy in order to breed. Hitting them will lower their happiness, so in order to fix that, you will need to trade with them in order to raise it again.

Suggested Topics