Why can't I find a Dolphin?

• I've outfitted my little Imperial Courier with some passenger cabins to try out the new-ish passenger missions. I rather enjoy them, and they can be pretty profitable.

So I want to pick up a dedicated passenger ship to make use of the Luxury Cabin options.

An Orca is still pretty far out of my budget, but a Dolphin at around 1 mil I can definitely handle.

The only problem is, I can't find any... I've even used this tool which is supposedly supposed to show ships, however every station that said it had a Dolphin (I've checked 4) didn't have it at the time.

• From personal experience I would recommend checking the Rougey website which was also mentioned by Steven Davison in his comment.

When checking a station make sure you check the ones where the update icon is green. While ships should be available for longer than a day it is possible that something like a civil war or famine stops the sale of ships (and commodities).

Also a thing to consider when buying a ship: Buy it in Li Yong Rui space You'll pay 10% less for the ship and any upgrades. I've just checked the website and there seem to be a few stations that sell it within 50ly of the Lembava system.

Please note that you need the Horizons addon in order to purchase the ship since it's patch 2.3 exclusive!

Suggested Topics