Do slow detectives lose points?

• As the city is so well designed, I would like to wander around a little bit, discover the monuments, etc...
    The issue is that the story goes from one case to another, without a break, whereas, in GTA:IV, you had to go to a given spot to start a new mission.
    So the question is simple: in a middle of a case, will I get a penalty for doing something else for days or will I be marked as a detective taking days and days to go from crime scene to suspect's house? Will the final appreciation of the case (in term of number of stars) be affected by this behavior?
    I perhaps have to wait to finish the game to be able to do the side missions and tourism...?

• With a couple of obvious exceptions you can take as long as you like to go from one case point to the next, it is even encouraged that you detour to do things like street crimes. You will not be penalized in any way for taking too long to get to the next objective (unless the story states it).

However you do lose points for causing accidents and damaging property, as this is more likely the longer you drive around it will have an impact on your case. This is why at the end of each desk you can open free roam and go mop up street crimes, go site seeing etc. This way there is no chance of it impacting the case you are in. It is one per desk as street crimes are locked to a certain desk and open during a certain case, but stay open from then on as long as you in the right time slot.

Suggested Topics