Old Hard Drive on new XBox

• My old XBox RRoD'd for the 2nd time. No more repairing it, instead I got a new XBox 360 4GB. I ordered a drive enclosure for my old XBox's 120GB hard drive to fit the form-factor of the new XBox however it hasn't arrived yet.

My question: I want to start playing the new XBox, I realize I won't have my profile, namely saved games (when is all that stuff gonna move to this cloud I've been hearing so much about?). I just want to make sure before I go through the setup process that once I've setup my new XBox, I'll have the chance to import my profile from the old HDD once it's installed?

Secondary question: do I have the choice to move the profile info (saved games, etc...) to the 4GB inside the new XBox (which I'm presuming is SSD) or should I leave it on the HDD?

• You definitely want to move your profile over before removing the HDD from the old enclosure. This is most easily done with the XBox 360 Transfer Cable. Otherwise, old product keys (for DLC, XBLA purchases, etc) might not work properly with the new 360.

As for your second question, I would imagine you could put anything on the internal storage that you wanted, as long as it fits.

Suggested Topics