How to survive to 6 Reapers rush on Starcraft II Lotv TvT
Since LOTV, almost each time I play against Terran (I'm Terran, so TvT), the other guy build 6-8 reapers and go rush before my first Factory unit.
In best cases, I can scout a triple RAX, and in worst cases, when the map is large, I can't scout anything (Terran wall).
I don't like this cheesy opening but I have the feeling the only way to counter this is to do the same build order. Does this mean every Terran should make this opening in TvT matchup? Or is there other builds that counter, maybe double RAX opening?
This opening is becoming more and more popular these days, but, also, is becoming popular how to handle it.
First point, SCOUT
Scout immediately after your first barrack gets finished.
- If you are not able to stick into opponent's base then go and scout for proxies, if you feel like he's cheesing just throw a scan in his main
- If you get into opponent's main and see 2/3 barracks immediately go back and prepare
Second point, DEFEND
As soon as you understand what's going on, you need to put on a proper defense.
- Go for a really fast hellions while holding with marines + some scvs (tank) into banshee
- Add 2 more barracks and make also mass reapers
- Reactor first on your barracks (no marines), then adding a factory. You'll get lots of marines + hellions asap
Anyways, you really need to focus with micro and tank with Scvs while waiting for hellions. That's it, I'm sure that if you'll practice a bit with that you'll be able to handle it.
I hope I've been helpful, GL & HF.