How does Daisy track the monster?

• Daisy is a pet that Maggie gets in involve, and one of her main draws is that she's able to track the monster. However, I'm not sure exactly how she tracks the monster, which is an important detail for both hunters and monsters to know. I found this Reddit thread which states she just runs towards the newest footprint (including invisible sneaking ones) within 100m, but that's from when the game is still in beta, so I'm not sure if it's been changed.

How does Daisy's tracking work, and is there anything I can do to avoid being tracked (like running through water)?

• I've been the monster thousands of times and I can say out right: nothing I do as Goliath or Kraken stops Daisy from following me to one side and another. I use stealth, I run, I avoid birds, everything but she always follows me and can make a game very frustrating and out right boring.
    So to be honest, I don't think Daisy has any sort of tracking skill like foot prints, smell or sound. She just follows the monster wherever it goes, which is why most players just depend on Daisy.

Suggested Topics