How to play Kha'zix mid-lane?
Analeea last edited by
I am experiencing hard time playing Kha'zix against other mid-lane champions. What are the different ways to play him efficiently?
Mystic last edited by
Firstly you need to understand how Kha'zix works. He's a good assassin and a great champion to roam the map.
In lane, here's a few tips about the abilities themselves:
- Passive: gives more damage for the next attack, refreshes when you can't be seen. Try to have this active as much as possible. In mid for example, if all the enemy minions/champions are in the middle of the path, go hide behind one of the walls to the forest so you active the passive again. You should do this every time you want to engage for a poke or trade.
- Q: This does fairly high damage. If you want to engage/trade you'll use this but try to get your opponent alone, it will deal more damage.
- W: It shoots out some spikes. This is the first skill you should "power up" at level 6. If you are in the hitting area you get healed as well. It's also good to maintain your HP and allow you to stay longer in lane
- E: This will allow you to jump. Once evolved it will give you a very big distance and the CD resets on assists/kills.
- R: Allows you to go invisible for a few seconds. You can use this two times unless you evolve in which case it's 3. Also, every time you are able to level this up you'll be allowed to evolve one of your other skills.
- Simply put, there are two things you should start with: either Tear of the Goddess to allow you to have more mana to spam skills and stay in lane longer, or the Brutalizer to have more damage.
- Followed this, just do a normal mid AD build, focused on damage, and not attack speed or crit. Things like Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Frozen Mallet etc.
- As for boots you can either go the mobility ones (insane speed) if you are planning on roaming a lot or you take the Ioninas boots of lucidity for reduced cooldown.
- Guardian Angel is also awesome.
- Simply focus on being behind minions and farming if your opponent is very strong early. Else do as a normal AD Mid. Later you'll start to understand how he works as you play him. As I said before hide from enemy sight to get your passive so you'll do more damage before engaging, and try to get some E-Q-W combos on your opponent, unless it's something like an Ahri. If it is, wait for her taunt/charm to go in CD and do that. You can also spam W from a distance to try and hit her. At level 6, once you evolve your W (should be the first like I said) you will clear waves really, really fast, which will allow you to counter-jungle your enemies wraiths or roam and gank the other lanes.
This is pretty much the basics, I can't teach you from here as you need to be familiarized with the Champion it self or playing AD Mid!