Pros and cons of your favorites Test Case Management tools

• QA Engineer

I'm currently researching test case management tools for my company; I'd like to give my development team visibility into what the testing status is, and also I'd like to have some accountability regarding regression testing. We are small shop and need a tool to help manage mostly manual test cases, but eventually would like to do more functional automation. Currently, we are looking at TestRail, QMetry, Zehpyr, and QAComplete amount others. I'm looking for some good feedback regarding these tools. Please tell me your pros and cons and why?

• Why not Testlink? Pros: Every needed function present Possible to add additional fields Possible to manage test-cases related to different projects, test-plans Possible to manage different versions of test-cases Possible to assign test-cases to tester for execution Possible to connect to bug-tracking tools (e.g. mantis, JIRA) Possible to connect to Selenium tests execution Automatic metrics, reports Free, open source Cons: Design Not easy to import existing test cases (at least as it was for our team) No custom report designer tool

Suggested Topics