How do you survive the Defending the Keep mission?
I am level 33 at the moment, and the mission Defending the Keep is intended to be completed at level 26. When the undead start arriving en masse, however, there is little I can do but die.
Playing as a Guardian, what is the best strategy to complete this mission? Which weapons, skills, and strategies should I focus on?
Have you tried the strategy listed in the linked wiki page?
- Pre-battle, load up on as much AOE as your profession can get.
- Man the cannon at the top of the walkway
- When you see a giant horde of undead coming, fire one last cannonball or grapeshot into them and then fall back. Don't wait for the NPCs to tell you to run away.
- Do not attempt to fall back to the next canon. Move instead to the arrow launcher in the back and keep firing at the group near the NPCs.
- When you die, don't keep rezzing repeatedly. Take one rez and AOE the biggest cluster you can find then take a break while the NPCs clear out some of the remaining undead.
- Start rezzing and fighting again when the last NPC reaches about 10-15% health. Don't worry too much about him. He has a lot of health.
- Once the horde has been cleared out, don't go fighting the abominations but instead start rezzing the NPCs to do that for you