What do I do with this aureole?

• I've just opened the lock with Logfella's key (after recovering it from Side B), but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this aureole:

enter image description here

I've come across many similar objects in the quest thus far, but this one has its own instructions with it. (Don't I wish they all did...) No matter what I've done to the aureole, I've gotten no reaction.

I even tried chomping down on a random mushroom I found while exploring the wilderness, and a lot of red dots appeared, but there was nothing particularly helpful that occurred as a result.

How do I properly stimulate this particular aureole?

• Well, some further investigation led me to the conclusion that the hint is full of it.

The puzzle on this particular screen involves tapping the 8 trees in this area, and has nothing to do with the aureole itself. There's a particular pattern to the tree tapping - I managed to solve it by:

tapping the larger trees at the top right, then the smaller trees in the same area. After this, I tapped the larger and then the smaller trees in the lower left hand area.

Suggested Topics