Is it possible to craft armor-piercing ammo while on the reloading bench?
Is it possible to craft armor-piercing ammo yourself on the reloading bench, or can you only find/buy it?
Depends on the ammo type you want to create. For instance, you can't produce any of the specialty 9mm ammo yourself - it all has to be bought from vendors.
Specialty Ammo can be produced in the following varieties:
- .308, JSP Hand Load - Increased damage.
- .357 Magnum, JFP Hand Load - Increased damage, armor penetration, and reduced spread.
- .45-70 Government, SWC Hand Load - Increased damage, huge armor penetration.
- .50 MG Match Hand Load - Increased damage, reduced spread.
- 10mm, JHP Hand Load - Increased damage, at the cost of increased target Armor.
- 12 Ga. Coin Shot - A cheaper variant of Buckshot.
- 12 Ga. Slug, 20 Ga. Slug - Reduced Spread.
- 12 Ga. Magnum, 20 Ga. Magnum - Increased damage.
Additionally, all Energy Weapon cells (Energy Cell, Microfusion Cell, and Electron Charge Packs), can be produced in both Over Charge and Max Charge varieties for increased damage.
Note: many of these ammunition types, in addition to doing increased damage, will cause the durability of your gun to decay substantially faster. Use only as needed, and with caution!