As a bronze league hopeful, is it better to focus on one race or should I keep playing as random?

• I've heard mixed feedback from my friends on this topic. Some say pick a race to focus on. Others say they made it to Platinum as one race and now they wish they could play the other races without dropping out of their league. So as I am still pretty fresh to the game and still in bronze league (around 70 games played) should I keep playing random to try and become well rounded or should I focus on a single race to get good with?

Recommendations?

• I recommend you choose a specific race, and focus on one technique/strategy at a time. E.g., try to do a rush on (almost) every map for 10-20 games. Then, do wall in at natural on every map...

Of course, adjust this to the map and what your opponent is doing - but in general I think you'll have a much easier and faster chance to learn the techniques. Switching races all the time will just confuse you at first.

Yes, you might/will drop if you switch races once/if you're in platinum. So what? Mistakes are a great teacher, you'll learn a lot even if you don't win.

Suggested Topics