What's the maximum number of ribbons a Pokémon can attain in Gen IV?
Using only Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver, what is the maximum number of ribbons a single Pokémon can legitimately attain?
Don't include Pokémon traded from other games (e.g. Emerald or any Pokémon spinoff games other than the ones listed), event-only ribbons, or ribbons that cannot legitimately appear together on the same Pokémon without cheating.
Don't include the one ribbon that appears on some event Pokémon; but: for a bonus point, do any event Pokémon come with more than one ribbon?
According to Bulbapedia:
You can get 40 in the 4th gen games (w/o trading):
- (4th gen) Sinnoh Champ ribbon
- 20 contest (Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough) ribbons
- 6 Battle Tower ribbons
- 7 Weekday ribbons (from the Day-of-the-week Siblings)
- Footprint ribbon (max happiness)
- 3 Sinnoh Resort Area ribbons (you need 1 Pokemon in your party with at least 10 ribbons to enter the Ribbon Society)
- Legend ribbon (beat Red)
- (Cross-gen) Effort Ribbon (max EVs)