Automation framework which can work on any eCommerce website using Ranorex test automation tool

• I have to make a generic automation framework which can work on any eCommerce website using Ranorex test automation tool. I am unable to figure out what things should be included in a generic test automation framework. It will be very helpful if you can provide any suggestion . Thanks, Mudit

• I would suggest the following approach Decide on the features that are generally available on all e commerce websites (Like a e cart). Decide a few functionalities that will be common across all e commerce websites.(Add and Delete from the cart). Define how will your application recognise how to perform those specific functions on the website - Deploy hooks. Write your application as generic as you can and concentrate on how the hooks should be designed. Personal opinon - All e-commerce websites are very specific to their vision- My best guess is for all e-commerce websites - The ROI on such a project is questionable. The maximum coverage will come to 40% out of the box - And specific hook deployment will take up most of your time.

Suggested Topics