Deciding which items to buy based on champion's stats

• Let's use an example:

Orianna my love so sweet

Orianna has high Magic and Difficulty, then defense and the lowest is damage. Which items should I buy for her based on her stats? Should I focus on the high ones or the low ones?

• The most direct answer to your question would be to focus on the high stats. If the highest stat is magic, then buy AP itens to increase your damage output, if the highest stat is attack, then get some AD itens would be better, and so on.

But this isn't the better answer, since in league of legends everything is situational. There are several aspects to consider when choosing what item to get:

Your champion skills

Read the skills definition of the champion and pay attention for the attributes that most benefits them. Some skills scales with your AD, other with your AP, and some others scales even with your maximum health or your movement speed. Try to get some itens to improve your skills.

Your role in the team

You should always know what is your role in a team. Some champions don't need to focus in offensive itens, since they are made to absorve damage and protect the cary in a team fight. These champions will most of the time focus in deffensive itens. While carys will foccus in offensive itens, since they are made to cause the most damage to the enemy team.

The enemy team

You should always consider the enemy team composition when choosing your itens. If you are facing a team that have a lot of AD champions, geting a frozen heart may be a good choise. Or if you are having problems with a powerful Malzahar, having a QSS may save your life.

In general, a mix between these aspects can give you a right direction when choosing what itens to buy. With some experience this will be a easy task. There are always some sites that can help you with your build, like mobafire.

But remember to always feel free to try new itens combinations, and have fun!

Suggested Topics