How do I properly use the Bulwark?

• I'm currently trying to master the Bulwark, and am finding it a lot harder to make progress with than the Kestrel or Engi ships. Specifically, I find I'm running out of missiles a lot easier, and that keeping them stocked means less money for upgrades.

Is the Bulwark naturally harder, or are there specific tactics I should use for it?

1. Conserve ammo by carefully planning every shot. Use your hull missile on empty rooms (you can destroy ships with 6HP in first sector with 2 missiles instead of 3, and ships with 8HP with 2-3 shots instead of 4)

2. Try to save up scrap and buy teleporter early, so you can use your rock people for boarding (also getting more crew helps). This will save you a lot more missiles if you manage to kill the crew with only one-two missiles fired for weapons/medbay, then clean the rest with boarding party.

3. Don't fight everything you meet without thinking and consider skipping/avoiding options on certain ships like zoltans with green shield that need 3 missiles to get through + 1 missile aimed for weapons at the very least... especially if you are running low on missiles.

4. Buy missiles at store whenever you need to, go for options that give you more missiles when other ship surrender (that mean if they offer you fuel/drones decline it and destroy it for a chance to get missiles instead.. etc.)

5. Ultimately you will need a non missile weapon before the boss so try to get something on the way

Suggested Topics