Can I shoot through Deathtrap?

• Due to Deathtrap's love of melee attacks and extreme speed, he very often blocks one or more targets from my sight. Can I shoot through him and damage enemies? I tried a few times and while I confirmed I'm not hurting Deathtrap I couldn't tell if my bullets can actually go through his model or not.

• Bullets do not go through Deathtrap. However, rockets and other things that explode on contact (glob gun shots for example) do go through deathtrap.

How I tested it:

1. I cleared an area of enemies and summoned Deathtrap.
    2. I then positioned him between myself and a corrosion barrel. Close enough that even if I missed him due to Anarchy I couldn't hit the barrel.
    3. I then unloaded several clips into him, aiming at the barrel on the other side of him.
    4. The barrel didn't go off.
    5. To double check that I wasn't mistaken in my aim; I waited for him to disappear and then shot once, blowing up the barrel.

Additionally, to try to rule out ricochets off of Deathtrap I performed another test:

1. I have 5 points in Close Enough (50% chance to ricochet)
    2. I summoned DeathTrap and positioned him in front of me, with the barrel off to my side.
    3. I unloaded several clips into him, aiming at different points and strafing to ensure that if I was ricocheting that it shouldn't have been able to miss.

I noticed that no ricochet trails were appearing on screen, and the barrel did not explode.

Suggested Topics