What are the differences between normal and classic difficulties?
I can't seem to find a good list of info of all the changes that classic mode offers over normal other than that 'its much harder'. Does any of the enemy AI improve in classic mode? Do enemies have more health and do more damage? Does the panic meter increase faster for countries?
You can find a detailed overview of the differences between all four difficulties in this thread on the 2K forums.
Here is what that thread says about Normal and Classic:
- Base global panic starts at 0
- Most minor alien activity raises panic by 1 in left unchecked with some events doing up to 3
- Your soldiers have no bonus hitpoints
- Aliens have their AI mostly unshackled
- Soldiers cost $10
- Base global panic starts at 8 (1 per location)
- If unchecked alien activity causes at least 1 panic, but will often cause 2 or 3
- Your soldiers have -1 hitpoint
- All aliens receive bonuses hit hitpoints, accuracy, critical change and / or damage.
- Alien AI is unshackled
- You don't receive officer training school for free. You must unlock and purchase it.
- There are even more aliens per map
- Soldiers cost $15