Should Copy Paste be allowed in Confirm e-mail address field?

• Should Copy Paste be allowed in Confirm e-mail address field? What if we type in incorrect email address. And we are copy pasting the same? And this email id is not used for any sign up process and is used as a part of filing any insurance claim. It can cause issues if mails are not delivered. Personally i don't like to have copy paste feature in Confirm email address field. But i would like to know the common practice. Should it be allowed or not?

• Should Copy Paste be allowed in Confirm e-mail address field?

Is this mentioned in your application's requirements?

Personally, I think forcing the user to enter the same information twice is foolish. IMHO, it's far better to have a 2-stage confirmation where the user must respond to an email before registration/confirmation is complete. If the user entered an incorrect email, the 2nd stage will fail and the user will know about it.

But if your requirements are such that a "confirm email" field is required, I think it makes sense to disable the ability to paste into that field. That's an individual preference - the standards in your shop may differ.

What if we type in incorrect email address. And we are copy pasting the same?

Yes.

Suggested Topics