New to testing - need direction

• I just found this site, and I have a question for everyone who can help me. My new passion for IT made me wish to learn more, and I wish to start with Testing. I've learned HTML5 and CSS3, but now I'm stuck because I don't know how to continue. I am open to suggestions.

• Manual Testing For the beginning it is very useful to know what kind of tests exists. So you can explore the ISTQB Glossary to discover them and testing terms in general. After that you could try to get involved in some open source projects. You could install and test them and contribute some bug tickets. Mozilla has a QA area. (Other companies / organisations too.) On GitHub are a lot of open source projects. Test Automation Learn the basics of a programming language. Pick one of the unit testing frameworks for your programming language. Write some simple functions/methods and unit tests for that. Keep busy with frameworks like Cucumber, JBehave or Selenium and tools like JMeter or SoapUI. It depends on what kind of tests you want to automate. Try to create automated test cases for open source projects and contribute them. Pratice is the best way to learn about testing. If you want and can, try to do some testing things at work. But currently I assume that you do not work in this area, therefore the open source points.

Suggested Topics