Whether should I go for Java or C# to start with Selenium?

• I want to go for a Selenium training course but was bit confused whether should I go for Java or C#. I have been to a training session for C# earlier so as far as the concepts are concerned I do have reasonable knowledge about programming. So anyone can suggest from Java or C#.

• Honestly, it depends. If you're with a C# shop, it makes more sense to work with C# so you can collaborate with the developers and share code. Similarly, if you're working with a Java shop, go with Java. A few other considerations: The main tool for C# development is Visual Studio. While there is a free version, the licensing for it is quite limited. There are a number of free tools for Java development. Eclipse is one of the better known ones. Selenium plugins and extensions differ depending on language. I don't know which of the languages Selenium supports has most support: that may impact which way you choose. Other than that, C# and Java are very similar in terms of what they do and how they do it. I doubt it will be difficult for you to switch language if you need to.

Suggested Topics