QF-Test - Conditionally rerun scheduled test suite based on result

• We have about 10 test suites (QF-Test GUI Testing tool) for a java application. At the moment the testsuits are run every night with a batch-script triggered by a scheduled job. The tests are not very stable - so every day we have some failures. QF-Tests gives back the test-result in the exit code (0=OK, 1=Warning, 2=Error, etc.). I would like to rerun the tests if they fail. Is there a tool to run the test suite and run other commands depending on the result? Example: If Exitcode=1: Run Report-Command If Exitcode=2: Delete the results and rerun until 5 retries reached. If Exitcode=3: ... I know I could do this programmatically, but I wonder if there is an easier solution for this. Thanks for any advice.

• I don't know any tool parsing exit codes. Anyway, I suppose "Programmatically" (writing own script) is the best solution. At least you know, what's happening and can fix it yourself quick. Here's batch script as an example: qftest.exe ... if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 1 ( command1; command2; etc ) if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 2 ( command1; command2; etc )

Suggested Topics