How can I do data parameterization in Selenium Web Driver?

• I want my test case to run once and test n number of inputs at various positions. Suppose If I want to check a login screen for different members like manager,user,admin,e.t.c then instead of running multiple test case for each category with specific input credentials, How can I parameterize the test so that in just one run it would evaluate all cases.

• Selenium has no built in support to execute a test case, or collection of test cases, or ability to execute a parameterized test case. Selenium is simply a framework to interact with a web UI. The test execution engine you use to actually kick off your selenium tests varies depending on which language you are using, and even for a specific language there are often multiple competing test execution engines. For example, with Java some popular choices are JUnit and TestNG. For C#, popular choices are Nunit and MSTest. There are other options for ruby, python, etc.

Each one of these test execution engines handles parameterized or data driven test cases differently. You would need to refer to the documentation for whichever tool you are using.

Suggested Topics