How to recover data from a screen-bricked phone?
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Fame with a broken touch screen. The owner had it protected with a pattern, and as I am unable to make this pattern with a broken screen, I cannot mount the storage in order to backup/recover data.
- Power, volume and home button are still working
- I can get into recovery and download mode
- The phone is stock (No custom/unlocked bootloder and no CWM)
- USB-debugging is (unfortunately) disabled
What I've tried:
- Connecting a mouse using OTG
- Connecting to the phone using ADB This did not work because I could not mount the sd card because I had no sudo permissions.
- Using a magnet on the screen
I would like to refer to the following question that concerns the same problem but did not give me a solution: Android ADB Shell Recovery Mounting
Alberto last edited by
This should help you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2786395. Its a program that can mirror your phone to computer. There is also information to enable USB Debugging if you had that disabled.
Hope my answer helps!
Hello, loggerhead! You can use the Fedora N install in order to be able to run the boot process.