How to write test cases in selenium when web application is being developed

• I want to write test cases when application is under developing. I know the design of the application based on the wireframes. I intend to write test cases in C# using the Selenuim WebDriver. Looking at the sheer number of the test cases, I don't think I can wait till the application is developed, but need to start writing my test cases much earlier in the application life cycle. Are there any resources on the web (I have already googled but did not find anything relevant that answers my question) that describe when in the application life cycle should one ideally start creating Test Cases in Selenium.

• I've found in the past that using a BDD framework like SpecFlow helped me with this. You can start off writing the tests, and slowly start writing the code for it each of the tests as your able to. SpecFlow is great for code re-use, although, it can take some getting used to. An example of this is every time you use "And log in to the application", the code that you wrote to log in will be executed A side benefit to this is being able to write your tests in a format that everyone will understand the purpose of. This can be very important. To the final part of when to start writing the test cases in Selenium, ideally, as soon as you start writing manual tests.

Suggested Topics