Lightweight load & performance testing frameworks
Which lightweight load and/or performance testing frameworks could you recommend?
- Configuration with not too much coding (some JS would be okay)
- command line + text editor (without complex IDE)
- HTML/XML reports with simple graphics are just fine
- it should be able to handle use scenarios (not just to load the main page of the site).
Just to start with what I've found:
I have very good experience with the open source FunkLoad for load testing web-applications.
- Has a test recorder (Uses proxy to record browser actions)
- Generates Python code as test (You can edit it with a text editor)
- Supports HTTP sessions and very complex scenario's (Login as users)
- Scales up to a large number of threads per CPU
- Has a great benchmark run which generates nice reports (also HTML)
- Runs from the command-line (Easy to integrate in build servers)
I have used it to generate a thousand of simultaneous requests from a single computer. Also I created a test to randomly fill in 250.000 times a 50 pages long web-based questionnaires over the weekend on our new test production servers.