Openscript generated xpath not matching



  • Using the Xpath generator that comes built into OpenScript's editor, I have generated an xpath to select an attribute of a node:

    /*[local-name()='test_results']/@yajahira 

    However, when pasted into http.solveXPath, I get errors saying that the variable could not be solved. I have confirmed that the result of the previous get is what I think it is, and I used the auto-saved content.txt as input to the generator, but it still isn't working. What else could be wrong?

    (The beginning of my XML is:

    
    

    )

    ETA: I'm really concerned with why the xpath generator isn't working, but for the sake of argument, I have also tried the following xpath statements to no effect:

    /*test_results/@tests
    /test_results/@tests
    /test_results[@hostname='10.0.0.176']@tests
    /test_results[@hostname='10.0.0.176']/@tests
    /test_results[@hostname="10.0.0.176"]@tests
    /test_results[@hostname="10.0.0.176"]/@tests
    


  • Try this. Hope it helps.

    The xpath has to start and end within the same entity and local-name doesn't appear to be valid on this line of your xml file.

    /test_results[@yajahira 


Suggested Topics

  • 2
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2