Migrating website content, need to test using Selenium/Python

• We are working on a large project which involves LOTS of content being migrated to a new version of a website. I would like to be able to test the content on a page from the old site, with the same content on the new site, to ensure it all migrated properly (verifying elements/pictures/links are present etc.). I've been using Selenium tests written in Python for all of my web-testing thus-far, but this task is a bit out of my league. Can I open and test two pages at once?

• Do you need Selenium for this task? If you have an existing suite of Selenium tests, you can run them against the new site to verify the functionality is working, but in general Selenium is not the best tool for validating look and feel, or massive amounts of content. There are several link checker tools that will crawl all of the links and download all the images on your site and ensure they aren't broken. In addition, you can simply diff the folders from the old site and the new site and ensuring all of the files are there where you expect them to be. You can probably visually spot check the content as well, opening the same pages from the old site vs new site on monitors side by side.

Suggested Topics