Performance testing web application using Visual Studio Test Suite versus Loadrunner

• How effective is Visual studio test suite than load runner? I would like to learn performance/load test a web application, but i got really confused to choose which tool to go for. Does the scope of VSTS 2010 is better than Loadrunner, considering the cost of the license too? PS: I'm new to performance testing, please recommend a tool which is good for a beginner. I tried Jmeter but its just a long way to go.

• I like Visual Studio Load Testing, it is my preferred tool, however I have not had a chance to use Loadrunner to do a proper comparison. What I can say is that for web services running on Windows machines, Visual Studio has a ton of built in metrics and reporting that make it really nice, while there is almost no support for Linux servers. In terms of ease of use, I would say it is somewhat easier to get started with than JMeter which I also have had experience with. From what I saw, there was a lot more documentation and training around for Visual Studio Load Tests.

Suggested Topics