Which automation tool needs JavaScript or JQuery to be used more?

• QA Engineer

I have started off my career in manual testing and an automation tool rarely. I would like to concentrate more on automation testing. I believe I have the object-oriented concepts in a good manner. I would like learn JavaScript and JQuery parallely, which can be used in automation scripting.

I would like to know which automation tool is more powerful in JavaScript and JQuery?

Also, I would like to know which tool is more in demand on market today?

• In terms of UI automation, neither Javascript or jquery are used much at all. I don't know of any tools that allow you to write UI automation in Javascript, although I bet if you looked you could find some. Javascript and jquery are useful for unit testing or more advanced integration testing, but that doesn't sound like exactly what you were asking for.

Selenium 2.0 with Webdriver is a very popular open source UI automation framework that has multi-language support (.net languages such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python, etc). Knowing Javascript can be useful when using Selenium since it does allow you to execute arbitrary Javascript as part of your tests, however it is usually a rare occurrence to work around a bug or do something more advanced.

Suggested Topics