How to Force a server error on Android / Iphone platform?

• So my question is somewhat simple. I want to test 2 things Error logging Server error page For the web platform it's somewhat easy to do using fiddler or Charles (I'm sure there are plenty other tools for that). My question is if there is an easy way for me to do the same for mobile platforms. Is there something special I can do on emulators? If so which? Edit: Lyndon pointed me to a blog . To summarize the post it is this: You will need Charles or Fiddler. Charles works pretty nicely on a mac (but costs money), Fiddler is free. Devices under test have to be on same WiFi On the mobile device specify the proxy server to be the machine with Charles or Fiddler and voila you now have the same functionality.

• I would recommend staying with your web solution, and modifying for mobile. There are plenty of tutorials on how to capture mobile traffic through fiddler on the net. Eric Lawrence wrote a blog post about how to do this last december. Depending on your company, this may require additional effort dealing with infrastructure departments to ensure that you have a wifi network that you can connect to that will give access to any non-production servers that you may be trying to test.

Suggested Topics