If I use the clickAndWait command in Selenium IDE, it shows an error and continues execution

• I am new to Selenium automation. I have some queries to be clarified. I have recorded and done the play back. Issue is as below: If I use the clickAndWait command in Selenium IDE, it shows an error and continues for further execution, and the test case gets passed. Why does this sort of thing happen? Another thing is, could I get fruitful Java code, if I export this kind of test case (having errors) using Java/Junit4/Web Driver from Selenium IDE?

• Based on your given info, I can draw following conclusion : This type of error may come up after using clickAndWait when the whole page is not refreshed. For Eg : When you click on any button, then it will just give you a popup, in that case AJAX will be called and the complete page is not refreshed. For such situation you may get the error. If you want to remove or bypass the error you can use waitForElementPresent to make visible that element so that your test will essentially wait for the particular element. (A detailed description would be nice so that the answer can be given exactly)

Suggested Topics