API Automated Testing Tool XML & JSON
I was hoping you could help me...I am looking for an automated test tool that can:
- Ability to connect to a server endpoint that returns JSON or XML based data
- Ability to fully parse and validate either XML or JSON (both would be a plus)
- Ability to traverse XML or JSON for functional validation
NICE TO HAVE:
- Performance analysis toolsets (mean, max, min, std deviation for result sets) -- including thread execution setup
- Template based test cases. Set up a test template and feed the template with a data set — if we have this (jmeter does)
I would appreciate any help and thank you!
There are a number of tools that can do everything you want. Do you have a specific language/programming environment you prefer?
I prefer RestSharp and json.net if you've got visual studio and C#, however there's nothing built in to do the performance stuff unless you have visual studio ultimate in which case you can use the load testing tool. As for the last nice to have, you can do data driven tests using mstest or tools like nunit.
JMeter + either the json library from http://json.org/ or gson can do everything you want including the performance and data driven tests in a java environment.
Other popular tools: