How to test mobile application which uses wifi connection?

• i am in need to test the application which was working based on the wi-fi signal strength,is it there any application/automation tool to randomize my wifi signal and check for applications functionality,my application need to be tested with varied wifi signal strengths,please share your thoughts to test mobile application which uses wifi connection.

My applications functionality is as follows

• Its an multiplayer gaming application which allows users to play through wifi mode i.e upto 5 number of users can login and play the game

and its an android mobile multiplayer game

i considered the above question under this criteria

the users with varied wifi limit(speed) some devices may vary on speed,signal strength etc will play the game through wifi so i wish to test the application based on the wifi connection speed,latency etc

Thanks in advance

• QA Engineer

If it's a mobile application, presumably you have the handset to test it on (my old mobile shop had every handset in-house...quite an inventory). You should physically move around to get varying WiFi signal strengths.

If you don't want to use your feet, you can begin wrapping aluminum foil around the handset until the signal dies down, or throw it in a Hoffman box if you have one of those handy.

Suggested Topics